Adsense Leader Board 1

Konga Fashion

Adsense Leader Board 2

Pages

Twitter

Friday 18 September 2015

Caitlyn Jenner Files Court Document to be Identified Legally as a Woman


Caitlyn Jenner has filed court documents to legally change her name and gender.

The former Olympian, who came out as transgender a little more than two months ago, filed the petition Tuesday (15 September) at Los Angeles Superior Court.

The petition seeks to change the gender on her birth certificate to male and her name to Caitlyn Marie Jenner.

The reality star also asked that her personal information, specifically a physician’s statement, be kept under seal to protect her privacy and safety.

‘Although public support for my transition has been overwhelmingly supportive, I am also receiving unwelcome negative attention from private citizens, including threats of bodily harm,’ the 65-year-old wrote in a sworn statement.

‘I believe the widespread dissemination of my personal information will compromise both my privacy and my safety given the public interest in my transition, which is not all positive, and will significantly increase the likelihood I would receive further threatening attention.’

The name/gender-change process typically takes eight months due to a backlog of applications.