Adsense Leader Board 1

Konga Fashion

Adsense Leader Board 2

Pages

Twitter

Sunday 20 September 2015

Legendary Writer Jackie Collins Dies at 77 After Battling Cancer




        Ace British novelist Jackie Collins, the author of more than 30 books which sold more than 500 million copies, who's known for her sexually daring writting technique, has died at age 77 after losing a battle with breast cancer. Her Family released a statement early Sunday which reads;



“It is with tremendous sadness that we announce the death of our beautiful, dynamic and one of a kind mother, Jackie Collins, who died of breast cancer today.”

“She lived a wonderfully full life and was adored by her family, friends and the millions of readers who she has been entertaining for over 4 decades. She was a true inspiration, a trail blazer for women in fiction and a creative force. She will live on through her characters but we already miss her beyond words.”

Her sister actress Joan Collins, who found out about Jackie's cancer barely 3 weeks ago after Jackie had been treating it for six years told the media about it saying;

 “I admire how she handled this. She was a wonderful, brave and a beautiful person and I love her.”

Jackie is renowned for including gay scenes in her books and had a large gay fan base. She told The Advocatein in 2014 about it saying;



“It may sound cliché, but some of my best friends are gay and I always have a better time with them than I do straight people. That’s why I’ve written gay characters into so many of my books. Some have bigger parts than others, but I like to write about all colors, all identities, all sexualities – gay, straight, whatever. I write characters that I see in my own life.”


RIP Jackie!