Adsense Leader Board 1

Konga Fashion

Adsense Leader Board 2

Pages

Twitter

Monday 17 August 2015

Top Rugby Player Keegan Hirst Talks About How Being Gay Affected Him


Rugby star Keegan Hirst has opened up in an interview with Radio 5 Live this morning, explaining how he felt his being gay was only just a phase and how his sexuality eventually led to the end if his marriage which had produced 2 kids. He told the interviewer: 

“I wasn’t…in torment or in turmoil every day for the last 27 years. It’s not like that.

“I suppose you’d get urges – in my head I thought, ‘these’ll go away, this is just a phase’.”

“I knew I was different when I was 11 or 12. I wasn’t necessarily attracted to lads then, but I couldn’t put my finger on it.

“When I was 15/16 those feelings started coming back through… and then by 18/19 – I suppose look back now I was in denial – but in my own head I had no conception that I was gay.”

“I couldn’t say to myself, in my own head – ‘I think you’re gay’.

“To say it out loud would make it real, to admit it and I wasn’t in a place in my own head where I could do that.”
The rugby star also spoke about when that changed and how he never had a ‘eureka moment’.

He continued;

I suppose mostly my outlook on thing’s must’ve changed… I became more accepting of it in my own head and I could say it.”

#Being ggay isn't a phase honey!