Adsense Leader Board 1

Konga Fashion

Adsense Leader Board 2

Pages

Twitter

Sunday 25 October 2015

Why I Stopped Going to Church as a Gay Man


On Sundays people love to ask the narcissistic question 'have you gone to church?'well I stopped feeling the Church from the day the anti gay law was passed in Nigeria and I stopped going completely when I heard a Catholic priest call on his god to destroy America for legalizing marriage equality. 

      The Christian church lost Christ centuries back,Christ and his message has been archived by Christian authorities to shear symbolism and outright irrelevance,I dare say Paul and a few others hold more sway for them,then I ask why call it Christianity still?  If Christ has lost his relevance,why not just call yourselves Paulines,cos frankly you doing Paul's bidding rather than Christ's. while for most part of my life,going to the Church has been like attending an opera or classical concert,I have not lost my faith in the message of Christ,which is essentially the message of Love and hope,I didn't get that from the Church,so they can't take it away from me. 


      That message of Love moves me to see myself less,and make room for others more,like the non violent revolutionary messages of Martin Luther king Jr and the great Ghandi,these influences replenish my store of hope even in the face of a hate filled community that claims the body of Christ!of all I have seen is that the love we spread around lay credence to the splendor of the truth of Christ's unconditional love,is that it is indeed unconditional and some of us key into that message not because we care about some sick heavenly reward,but that we have crossed the threshold of hope and the fear of the unknown or Hades is irrelevant compared to splendor of Love!‪#‎loveworks‬#stopkillingandjailinggays

°Musings by Henry Odinzah